Friday, July 22, 2016

It begins.....

A year ago, my partner, Steve, and I bought a darling 1920s stone bungalow, on a generous lot, in the beautiful Barossa Valley north east of Adelaide. This area is reknowned for its delicious wine and amazing food culture. The little townships of the Valley are full of historic architecture, friendly cheery residents, wonderful food and craft markets, and beautiful scenery. It is a joy to live here.
The past year has been full of weekend garden projects, decorating experiments, design 'meetings' and lots of planning. We had a dream of our rural life and seeing it slowly come to fruition is super exciting.
My next goal involves a homestead store, this blog, and eventually, a book (or several!).....and CHICKENS! I do love chickens. Note: My chickens will never become dinner by the way. Never ever. They will become pensioner chickens with sparse 'foliage' and probably wearing wooly jumpers.
So, yes. I'm THAT sort of country lady.
Welcome to my Country Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment